Sunday, August 30, 2009

domestic woes

i have domestic problems and thank God it is not between me and my husband.



but it is getting in my nerves that i am now loosing sleep over these so-called concerns. in fact, right this very moment, i am so furious that I wanted to storm out of the room, out of the house and go next door to try to politely ask (if I can) if our next door neighbors can at least lower down the volume of their boomboxes so that some people, who happens to be just next door, can now get some sleep.


okay, i know it is fiesta time and people are allowed to be merry and all. but i think these next door people can at least extend a little consideration. but i doubt if they know what consideration is. they didn't even think twice of burning some rubber to cook their lechon--and they did this twice already.


but it is not only this incident that got me furious over them. it is everyday, since we became neighbors that me and my family has been treated to auditory torture, which gets me to think that these people could be deaf or probably some objects' clogged their ear canals. Or it could just be cerumen, left to rot down those pipes in between their brains. Or worse, these people could already be suffering from sensorineural hearing loss since day in and out, screaming is constant in their household.



i am trying, as hard as I can, to rise over this concern. and I still don't have any other solution unless we get to the end of our househunting, which leads me to my next concern.



you see, i have a spoiled brat in our house from monday to saturday noon. aki's yaya had a 3 year old daughter that nobody i know within our family can stand anymore. she's a so-called brat who has the makings of a disillusioned third wheel, but i do hope some intervention is going to be administered for her.



at first, my heart really went out the little child but she's just like the prototype evil witch but the very young version.


i really dont have problems sharing aki's toys with her, not until i saw that she does not want to share, but she wants to get all! what also pissed me off was when aki was playing in front of the TV set that she pulled him away so that she can watch barney, when i didnt play the video for her!

But the person partly to be blamed about this little monster is her mother, who continues to give empty threats as her way of disciplining the child.

Now, I am really thinking of talking to her about the situation since her daughter is getting in the way of her work. I don't want to think about it but I know that should there be an emergency with her left alone with the two kids, I'm sure she'll think of her daughter first.

There was also this one time when I need to get Aki to his pediatrician and we have to bring her daughter along and it ended up with me not getting the needed assistance from her since she was also tending to her daughter.

Thinking about all these concerns really gets me weary. I am now in the sack but sleep continues to be elusive. The level of noise is still the same despite it being past 11pm now.

Well, I hope it'll rain now so that they'll all call it a night and so that i can finally catch up on my Zs.

No comments:

Post a Comment