Tuesday, May 5, 2009

mani(c)mania

The acting mayor of Cebu City told a group of businessmen this afternoon that he insists for the national government to give a commendation to Manny Pacquiao as a mega tourism promoter.

"We've got to give credit to the fella," Mr. Rama said. I had my doubts. But after I asked all my questions, it was quite an eye-opener for me. And I told myself that truly, pride and prejudice go hand in hand.

I used to think Manny Pacquiao was the biggest wannabe in town after he ran for Congress during the last elections. but i think of that no more. "Nobody has the right to stop Manny from dreaming," Mr. Rama said. I could not agree less.

I just hope Pacman's sincerity to serve the public will not be stained with the spitefulness of many Filipino politicians.

We'll see about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment