Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a first time thumbs down to Kris Aquino

I was never one who was shy to admit my adoration for Filipina multi-media queen celebrity Kris Aquino. I admire her for her candidness and wit.

But this latest development on her marriage to PBA cager James Yap really turned me off. She broke the news in such a distasteful manner, though characteristic of her being one famous for heart-stopping confessions over national TV. I believed her when she said that she had grown matured in the past years, what with everything that she was exposed to from her maritabl troubles. But somebody really has to tell her she needs a little more growing to do.

Breaking the news of a possible marital dissolution on national TV before talking to the spouse who you are separating from is just very childish and so heartbreakingly cheap.

And with what she did, people have sympathized more with James Yap, who was left clueless that his marriage to Aquino has already gone this route.

It saddens me that in her K magazine articles, she repeatedly say that both she and James have worked hard on saving their marrige, even to the point of going to a marriage counselor. But I have a feeling that she was never the one who tried hard enough. Besides, I believe that in marriage, quitting is never an option in the first place--unless of course if you have been verbally or physically abused by your spouse. But I believe this is not the case she is facing.

I sometimes think that some people around her are not being honest enough to tell her that it is normal for a person to blow one's top, especially in the midst of stress. Moreso, she has to accept that her husband is allowed to be imperfect towards her. But she just cant accept imperfection, when she has been wholeheartedly accepted despite STD and all the other follies to her name.

So what, your husband just can't blow his top on you without you thinking of calling it quits? She's blatantly proud to have a family who stood by her despite her inadequacies but she just cant be that to her husband, who is family as well.

But then again, she can always say that the public do not know what really happened between the two of them. And then again, I just have to ask. Why must the public be the first to know of your personal and legal plans on your marriage before your husband?

Now, I can say, James Yap is better off without you. Between the two of you, I can say he is the one who was being more human.

No comments:

Post a Comment