Monday, February 23, 2009

when aki threw up..


i am still very disoriented after we have to rush aki to the hospital. it was nothing major, thank God! but for a first-time parent like me, seeing my baby vomit all the milk he took sent me on my toes. it was last saturday that when aki threw up the third time, my hubby and i decided we go to the hospital. in our haste, i forgot to bring my atm card and our checkbook. fortunately, there was no need for it.

the doctors told us it might be dyspepsia. and so we went home with a pedialyte 45 in tow as liquid replacement for aki's lost nutrients from vomitting. that afternoon, we had to rush him again to his pediatrician's clinic since the vomitting came back. and for those who know me, i'm always one who never stops unless i get a satisfactory answer. but since it is my baby that's involved, i just cant settle with an "it-might-be-dyspepsia" thing.

daddydoc, thank heavens for him, agreed to us hitching in the long waiting list. we were accomodated at 830 pm and he made a thorough inspection of aki and asked a lot of questions that i really didnt mind answering.


and then he told us a confirmation of what i have been hinting all along. aki is starting to teeth! another milestone but a pretty sad one i guess. seeing him agonize with the pain is so heartbreaking. im glad daddydoc prescribed to us a teething gel that will help ease out the pain.


my aki is going to have his first tooth soon! but right now, we are dealing with his irritability and his not drinking his milk. my 7.5 kilo 3 month old is now loosing weight but the doctor assured me it'll be perfectly fine since he'll be able to gain what he lost in no time. besides, most babies on their 12th month only gain a total of 10 kilos and my baby isnt even halfway the first year!

when this is all over, i'm gonna go and grab that play gym and inflattable pool for aki to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment